Thursday, June 15, 2006

Greetings of love, joy and peace! Hello everybody! I am Fr. Felix S. Ferrer, SVD. I am fondly called lex and I am here now at the EAPI (East Asian Pastoral Institute) attending a workshop on Media and Pastoral Ministry. I decided to take this course as part of my sabbatical break since I am celebrating this year my silver anniversary as a priest. My primary intention is to improve my teaching at Divine Word School of Theology where I have been professor for the last 10 years. I hope that with the help of this workshop, I may be able to impart to our students of theology some techniques on combining theology with media - something which the Church is also trying to do. I hope that my joining in this blogger would allow me to share also my thoughts and reflections on theological issues - especially on Faith, Revelation, Church, Sacraments and other doctrines of the Catholic Church. Have a nice day!

1 comment:

PINOY POLITICS said...

Hi Fr. Lex!

Monsi Serrano, here. I'm glad I was able to track you down from the web.

I have a very distinct memory of you back in my theology classes there at Divine Word Seminary in Tagaytay when you were our professor.

The tormenting "comprehensive exams" (both written and oral) in Ecclesiology, Faith and Revelation are really enjoyable. I also remember that back in our time, we were all excited about the Purefoods-Ginebra game.

And for sure, playful that I am, I was the only one who wrote in our “school (DWS) test papers” Fr. Lex “BIG TIME” Ferrer, SVD. No else did it except me. :-)

Anyway, please keep in touch and I look forward to seeing you again. I missed Tagaytay, my Alma Mater, the Divine Word Seminary (and La Salette as well!).

I missed my brilliant and humble professors like Frs. Alois Lehberger, Herman Muller, Bobbie Schulz, Jojo Caballes, Vic Tiam, Antolin Uy, Guillermo Villegas, Linus Nicasio and many more.

You all taught us to value "education" and the "values" imbued in the seminary.

Good luck in all your plans and endeavors. Keep in touch…

Monsi
0919-897-8877